Re: [Linux-cluster] Graceful Degradation

2007/12/16, Yann Boutin <yann boutin gmail com>:
> > I hear that you can give an IP to DRAC (bios?) and
> > through the DRAC interfase you can reboot, poweroff
> > and poweron the server
>
> That's it !
>
> Here are the docs.
> http://support2.jp.dell.com/docs/software/smdrac3/

>From a security point of view you should know that the drac fence
agent communicate through telnet which is insecure. With sniffed
login/password an assailant could do the perfect DOS => remotely
shutdown your system.

However drac 4 and drac 5 can be accessed through ssh but the fence
agent don't use it. Perhaps someone could modify the fence agent to
use Net-SSH-Perl instead of Net-Telnet one day :)

--
Yann.