[Linux-cluster] Regd: Issue in Source NAT Rule for Cluster Suite Floating IP

Balaji balajisundar at midascomm.com
Thu Dec 20 14:05:19 UTC 2007

Dear All,

 I am using the following rules in firewall scripts

       /sbin/iptables -F INPUT
       /sbin/iptables -F OUTPUT
       /sbin/iptables -F FORWARD
       /sbin/iptables -F RH-Firewall-1-INPUT

       # Default Rule
       /sbin/iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
       /sbin/iptables -P INPUT  ACCEPT
       /sbin/iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT

Rsync Source NAT rules is
       iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -p tcp -s 192.168.13.179 --dport
873 -j SNAT --to-source 192.168.13.83:873

192.168.13.83  is floating ipaddress
 192.168.13.179 is primary ipaddress
192.168.13.110  is  secondary ipaddress

I am taking backup from my client pc via rsync  and i am configured
floating ipaddress at my client pc and the following rules is working fine .

But the problem is at every rsync trigger we will restart the iptables
and firewall scripts, then only it will works
If the services are not restart then it will send the following error
message
"rsync: failed to connect to 192.168.13.100: Connection timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(94)"

I need to solve the following "iptables and firewall restart" issue.
Can some one throw light on this.

Regards
-S.Balaji