Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS2 on FC6

Hello,

Brandon Lamb wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong redhat, but it was my understanding that
development has moved to gfs2 and that in order to use a stable GFS v1
setup one would have to run older software with old kernels in order
to get it working?

I think so, too.  If I need to use truly stable GFS, I probably should
select RHEL4/CentOS4 and released version of GFS.  In that sense, the
stability level which I need now may be a little bit lower. :)

I have no reluctance to select CentOS, but currently I use FC5 and
GFS1 (release 1.03.00).  Updates for FC5 will soon stop, and I heard
FC6 includes GFS(2) in it's kernel and packages.  So, I just tried to
use that GFS2 on FC6, but unfortunately it doesn't has enough
stability in my environment.

Thanks,
Kenji