[Linux-cluster] Easy and simple question if you already knows theanswer

Shirai@SystemCreateINC shirai at sc-i.co.jp
Thu Feb 8 09:34:54 UTC 2007

Dear Cesar,

I connected 16 LUN of 1.5TB and created one LVM.
And, the GFS filesystem was able to be created correctly.
Perhaps, you will be able also to create the GFS filesystem of 30TB.
However, the df command is very slow  :<.

# uname -r
2.6.9-34.ELsmp

--- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/vg00/gfslv00
  VG Name                vg00
  LV UUID                bNmNaQ-NcRp-Kmp2-AwVx-LEFC-8HlJ-BIeSRZ
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                23.00 TB
  Current LE             6029312
  Segments               16
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     0
  Block device           253:2

 # cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

   8    48 1562488832 sdd
   8    64 1562488832 sde
   8    80 1562488832 sdf
   8    96 1562488832 sdg
   8   112 1562488832 sdh
   8   128 1562488832 sdi
   8   144 1562488832 sdj
   8   160 1562488832 sdk
   8   176 1562488832 sdl
   8   192 1562488832 sdm
   8   208 1562488832 sdn
   8   224 1562488832 sdo
   8   240 1562488832 sdp
  65     0 1562488832 sdq
  65    16 1562488832 sdr
  65    32 1562488832 sds
  65    48   16777216 sdt
 253     2 24696061952 dm-2

Regards

Shirai Noriyuki
Chief Engineer Technical Div. System Create Inc
Kanda Toyo Bldg, 3-4-2 Kandakajicho
Chiyodaku Tokyo 101-0045 Japan
Tel81-3-5296-3775 Fax81-3-5296-3777
e-mail:shirai at sc-i.co.jp web:http://www.sc-i.co.jp