[Linux-cluster] how to get the Gflops power?

Lombard, David N dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Wed Feb 14 15:32:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 02:48:28PM +0100, Anthony wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to get the gflops value of my cluster , so that i compare it with
> teh top500 :-D
>
> so my question is: how can i get the Gflops values of each server node?
>
> heres is one listing of a server node cpuinfo:

Top500 ranking is based on the performance of "HPL" or the "High-Performance
Linpack Benchmark for Distributed-Memory Computers".  It's a non-trivial
activity to get the number, as you need to understand what the benchmark is
doing and how to tune it for your system.  You also need an increasingly
faster (lower latency and higher bandwidth) network as cluster size increases.

The minimum entry has exceeded 1 TF in the last four lists (i.e., since ISC
2005)--the current #500 is almost three times faster at 2736 GF; the current
#1 is two orders of magnitude larger at 280.6 TF.

At any rate, take a look at Top500 itself <http://www.top500.org/> and
especially the "About" page if you want to understand more or give it a go.

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.