[Linux-cluster] Can't see all volumes

shirai@SystemCreateInc shirai at sc-i.co.jp
Wed Feb 14 15:00:25 UTC 2007

Hi Mike

Could you show the output of cat /proc/scsi/scsi?
I think that it can recognize only the drive of LUN number 0.

1. Add the following line to/etc/modprobe.conf.
    options scsi_mod.o max_scsi_luns=255

2. Next, this setting must be read when you boot OS.
    #mkinitrd /boot/< your initrd image > `uname -r`

Regard

Shirai Noriyuki
Chief Engineer Technical Div. System Create Inc
Kanda Toyo Bldg, 3-4-2 Kandakajicho
Chiyodaku Tokyo 101-0045 Japan
Tel81-3-5296-3775 Fax81-3-5296-3777
e-mail:shirai at sc-i.co.jp web:http://www.sc-i.co.jp

> With all of the tech's on this list... no one has seen this problem?
> Thought I'd ask again since I'm still stumped.
>
> By the way, anyone know of any user groups, forums for the Xyratex/MTI
style
> storage chassis?
>
> Mike
>
> >This might or might not be the right list and if it is not, does anyone
know
> >one that would cover things like fibre channel RAID devices?
>
> >I have an 800GB RAID drive which I have split into 32 smaller volumes.
This