Re: [Linux-cluster] ccs_tool update

rhurst bidmc harvard edu wrote:
From time-to-time, I have needed to update the cluster.conf by hand
using vi, and not use the system-config-cluster utility.  I make certain
I bump up the config_version.  I invoke `ccs_tool
update /etc/cluster/cluster.conf` afterwards, and all listening nodes
appear to update their local cluster.conf file to the new one.

However, I seem to have problems when rebooting a node, in that it gets
rejected because the config version of the "remote" is still regarded as
the earlier version than the "local" ... so I suspect that while files
were replicated, the quorum did not apply the "update" to their active
configuration.  So, I invoke system-config-cluster and click Send to
Cluster, and all works fine.

I must be missing a step, but essentially, I'd like to be able to do
this update from a shell/script.  How might this be done please?

Robert Hurst, Sr. Caché Administrator
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
1135 Tremont Street, REN-7
Boston, Massachusetts   02120-2140
617-754-8754 ∙ Fax: 617-754-8730 ∙ Cell: 401-787-3154
Hi Robert,

This might answer your question. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll fix it:
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#clusterconfpropagate

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite