RE: [Linux-cluster] Can't leave cluster

Wow, a serious blonde moment. I have had the same issue from time to time
(with starting as well as stopping) if the scripts go too fast. I don't
recall which component was being sensitive, but you might try adding a sleep
5 here and there or running the commands manually, but with a good pause
between them, and see if that changes anything.