[Linux-cluster] Power based fencing in cluster causes single point of failure that can take down a cluster

If we set up a cluster and use network power switches for fencing, won't the failure of the power switch attached to a cluster member cause all services that were running on that node to fail to migrate to other cluster members?

This seems to happen to us in practice, because fencing the offline member fails due to the power switch being unavailable, so rgmanager never migrates the failed service(s) to another member.

Is there a general solution to this problem that I'm missing?

--
Jon Biggar
Levanta