[Linux-cluster] Re: Power based fencing in cluster causes single point of failure that can take down a cluster

Josef Whiter wrote:
You can either have redundant fence devices, or look into qdisk.

Thanks for the reply. Can you explain how qdisk would solve the problem? It seems to me that the fencing device failing which simultaneously causes the cluster member to fail wouldn't be affected by qdisk.

Does qdisk have some feedback mechanism that tells the cluster that it's ok to restart the failed services on another node without fencing being successful? I can't see how that can work reliably and still prevent split brain problems.