Re: [Linux-cluster] Upgrading filesystem from gfs -> gfs2

Nate Carlson wrote:
Nifty! That's why I asked - I'm rolling out a new cluster, and wanted to go GFS1 since GFS2 is still "in the works", but wanted to make sure there was an easy upgrade path.. :)

So I guess it's fairly obvious that the FS needs to be offline?
Yes, the file system definitely needs to be offline and not mounted by any node.

BTW, I should also mention that the gfs2_convert tool won't convert file systems unless they have the default (4K) block size. If you created your file system with different block size, then you can't convert it. This was done purposely because of known GFS2 block size issues.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite