Re: [Linux-cluster] Cluster software won't start at boot

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 12:44 +0100, Kit Gerrits wrote:
> From: Lon Hohberger <lhh redhat com>
> > I've not seen this before; usually that "just works".  Do you have any
> more information that could help, i.e.:
> >
> > rpm -q clumanager
> > rpm -qV clumanager
>
> Well, they people that set that system up are a bit strange.
> They have runlevel 5 as initdefault, but the system does not show a
> graphical login at boot.
> (startx works, though)

That's weird, but certainly not the problem.  Although, it might be
related somehow...  clumanager doesn't start, and X doesn't start, but
both *should*.

> Fyi:
> [root nzcs1 root]# rpm -qi clumanager
> Name        : clumanager                   Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 1.0.19                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
> Release     : 2                             Build Date: Mon 23 Dec 2002
> 10:08:02 PM MET
> Install date: Thu 03 Jun 2004 02:55:23 PM MET      Build Host:
> bugs.devel.redhat.com

:o

That's kind of old; there's an updated 1.0.28 package on RHN.  However,
the init script didn't change much ... if at all.

-- Lon