RE: [Linux-cluster] Quick off topic question

Or recompiling bash to use syslog next to bash history on exec

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com
[mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Brian Pontz
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 5:00 PM
To: linux-cluster redhat com
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] Quick off topic question

--- "isplist logicore net" <isplist logicore net>
wrote:

> > Nope - not that I'm aware of.  The easiest way to
> do this is to just put
> > home directories for each user NFS or GFS (the
> latter requires the
> > client to be on the SAN and part of the cluster,
> of course).
>
> Unfortunately, that would defeat the purpose behind
> my wanting to remotely log
> the activity.

You can do this through syslog but it would require
you to modify the kernel code and recompile it. You
would basically printk() all exec's in the kernel.
Otherwise the honeynet project would probably be the
best people to ask about this.

Brian