[Linux-cluster] cluster version identification:how?

krishnamurthi G kri_thi at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 11:34:54 UTC 2007

 Hi Frieds,

Is there any ways to find cluster version (if it is !).
Problem: The cluster specific commands/paths/command outputs have been changed/changing completely from RHEL 2.1 to 2.4 to 2.6.
I am working on a project where I need support for all version/releases, some how I need to find cluster version if available so that I can parse accordingly.

Temporary Work around: The cluster config file is unique for different RHEL releases.
e.g RHEL 2.1 "/etc/cluster.xml"
RHEL 2.4  "/etc/cluster.conf"
RHEL 2.6 "/etc/cluster/cluster.conf"

Check this config file and identify cluster type.

I appreciate if any of you help me for efficient solution?

Thanks in advance
- Krishna

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.