[Linux-cluster] Maybe OT: GFS labels for iSCSI disks

C. L. Martinez carlopmart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 22:47:54 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using a RHEL 4 U4 with iscsitarget to serve local disks to two RHEL 4U4
servers with RHCS and GFS, using RHEL initiator.

When I add new raw disks to iscsitarget and restart the *iscsid*
service on RHEL
clients with GFS, sometimes the device naming (/dev/sdX) changes and it's a
mess
to find the older volumes with the new device name.

Does anybody know how to use to archieve persistent device naming for the *
iSCSI* volumes on *RHEL4*? According to this:
http://people.redhat.com/mchristi/iscsi/RHEL4/doc/readme
, I need to use Labels , but how can I assign labels on a GFS filesystem??

I think I need to use an *udev* rule for that, but I'm new to this, any help
or sample rule would be appreciated.

Thanks.