Re: [Linux-cluster] A question about QUORUM DISK

On Jan 12, 2007, at 3:54 AM, Fedele Stabile wrote:

I'm just working with quorum, so i have this questions for all:

1) Is it possible/suggested create a quorum disk using a gfs filesystem?
I'm not sure what you mean here.  Quorum disks have their own disk format.  It isn't strictly a filesystem since it's not mounted and it generally is created on a block device (like a disk) not a file (i.e. on a gfs filesystem).  The mkqdisk command is used to do this.

http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man5/qdisk.5.html
http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/mkqdisk.8.html

2) Can i shrink my gfs on SAN storage and then create a partition for my quorum disk?
GFS doesn't have the capability to shrink.

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#gfs_shrink

Thank you for your help

Fedele STABILE

--