Re: [Linux-cluster] FAQ: mounting another gfs fileystem under gfs

Jan Kudjak wrote:
hi,
imagine that customer wants to mount another gfs filesystem
under already mounted gfs filesystem

eg.

/dev/vg01/lvgfs   /gfs  (filesystem gfs)
/dev/vg01/lvgfs1  /gfs/shared/gfs1  (filesystem gfs)
/dev/vg01/lvgfs2  /gfs/shared/gfs2  (filesystem gfs)

do you thing this setup is correct or could it cause some problems ?

thanks
jan
Hi Jan,

AFAIK, what you've described is supposed to work just fine.
However, this and similar scenarios don't get a lot of testing.
A few weeks back, I uncovered some bugs in a beta version of RHEL5
doing just that, which we consequently fixed.  So I'd say:  Go ahead
and do it, and if you run into problems, open up a bugzilla.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite