[Linux-cluster] Can't leave cluster

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Mon Jan 15 01:51:00 UTC 2007

isplist at logicore.net wrote:
> Ok, I've been trying it the way you've suggested. I auto start the services on
> the node, then run a script to join the node and start a service in this case;
>
> cman_tool -t 120 join -w
> fence_tool -t 120 join -w
> vgchange -aly
> mount -t gfs /dev/VolGroup04/web /var/www/
> cp -f /var/www/system/httpd.conf /etc/httpd/conf/.
> cp -f /var/www/system/php.ini /etc/.
> /etc/init.d/httpd start
>
> This works just fine. Now, when I try to remove the node from the cluster, I
> still get;
>
> cman_tool: Can't leave cluster while there are 3 active subsystems
>
> cman_tool services shows that rgmanager is still running. I stop that, same
> problem, node is still in the cluster. What next?
>
> My stop script is;
>
> /etc/init.d/httpd stop
> umount /var/www
> vgchange -aln
> fence_tool leave
> cman_tool leave remove -w
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

In theory, the script to join the node should not be necessary because the
cman init script should do the cman_tool join, the fenced init script should
do the fence_tool join, the clvmd script should do the vgchange -aly,
and the httpd init script should take care of httpd.

When the node is shut down, the rgmanager script should stop it.
And if all the start and stop scripts are set to run in their appropriate
run levels, there shouldn't be any resources left in cman_tool services
to keep the shutdown from occurring normally.  Perhaps you can do:

chkconfig --list | grep "cman\|rgmanager\|fenced\|ccsd\|clvmd\|gfs\|httpd"

and make sure the cluster services are all listed as "on" for 3, 4, and 5.
I believe these things shouldn't require any extra scripts to start or stop,
and if they are required, maybe we (or I) need to change the init scripts.
If average users are having problems with the scripts, let's get them fixed.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite