[Linux-cluster] Another question about quorum disk

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Jan 15 16:00:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 14:03 +0100, Fedele Stabile wrote:
> Good day to all,
> in my cluster only 2 nodes are SCSI connected to the storage where i created the qdisk partition and
> actually only this two nodes see the votes of quorum disk.
>
> How can I export the quorum disk to the entire cluster? Is it a must?

You can't in a way that would be sane for qdisk operations, and yes, you
have to.  Fortunately, however, qdisk is not required to create a fully
functional cluster.

It really was designed to do two things:

(a) It helps expand the functionality (or perhaps relax the
requirements) of the two-node case (that is, it lets you circumvent the
fence-race behavior in two node CMAN clusters), and

ex:
  - Check a resource that is part of a service; if the nodes split,
    the master is the one with that resource.
  - Check an upstream router and use that router as a 'tiebreaker
    vote'

(b) it allows you run with only one node online of a larger cluster
(say, 1/4 nodes online) if you have a special need to do so.

-- Lon