[Linux-cluster] multipathd/ lvm.static error

Benjamin Marzinski bmarzins at redhat.com
Mon Jan 15 23:11:53 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 11:08:31AM -0500, Jon Erickson wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm receiving these two errors on all of the systems I have setup in
> my GFS cluster.
> Even though I receive these errors my systems appear to be functioning
> fine.  The first error makes sense because my local SCSI disk is not
> multipath-ed, however, I do not know how to get rid of it.  The second
> error is confusing to me especially because the system still comes up
> with all of my multipath-ed devices in working order.

Even if you aren't multipathing your local disk, it should have a scsi id.
try manually running

# /sbin/scsi_id -v -g u -s /block/sda

If this fails, hopefully you'll get some debugging information. If this works
correctly, then try running

# /sbin/multipath -v6

and check if you can see this error there. If so, hopefully you'll get some
useful debugging information. Otherwise, you can start multipathd with
debugging

# /sbin/multipathd -v6

And parse through all the stuff you get to see there is any debugging
information there.