Re: [Linux-cluster] Doing without GFS mounting several clients read-only

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Mike Papper wrote:
The alternative I am considering is to have a single filesystem available to many clients using a SAN (iSCSI in this case). However only one client would mount the filesystem (Reiser, XFS etc.) as read/write while the others would mount it read-only. For my application, all files are written once then only ever read or deleted.

From everything I've read, this will *not* work. Read the list archives;
there has been lots of discussion of this before..

| nate carlson | natecars natecarlson com | http://www.natecarlson.com |