From: Lon Hohberger <lhh redhat com>
To: krishnamurthi G <kri_thi yahoo com>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 8:11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] cluster version identification:how?

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 23:02 -0800, krishnamurthi G wrote:

> RHEL 2.1    "/sbin/cluadmin -- cluster status"

Um, 2.1 has clustat, too?

> But I noticed that RHEL 3.0 could have cluster setup where
> "/sbin/cluadmin -- cluster status" works. ( Where my code fails :-( ).

clumanager-1.2.x on RHEL 3 does not include "cluadmin".

> So now I need to find a way to detect cluster version and use
> corresponding cluster commands.
>
> Rajesh has given a pointer to detect version For RHEL 2.1 and 3.0 run
> "rpm -qa |grep clumanager" and for rhel4.0 use ccs,cman,fence
> independent rpms to find the version. ( Rajesh which is the
> appropriate command to find version for RHEL4.0 ?)

rpm -q clumanager

1.0.x -> RHEL 2.1
1.2.x -> RHEL 3

Nothing: not installed; try: rpm -q rgmanager

1.9.x -> RHEL 4
2.0.x -> RHEL 5

> m/c 2:
> # rpm -qa |grep clumanager
> clumanager-1.2.3-1

Please don't run 1.2.3.  There are some pretty big bugs in it.

-- Lon

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.