Re: [Linux-cluster] Lockingstatistics

David Teigland wrote:
On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 10:32:32AM +0100, Marc Grimme wrote:
is there a way to get a status on which node has which files locked and in what state?
We sometimes see processes ending up in deadlocks. And it is always very difficult to see which lock causes the problem. It would be very helpfull to get a dump on all the locks held by a given node in reference to the locked file.
In RHEL4 you can dump locks from gfs or the dlm:
gfs_tool lockdump <mountpoint>
echo "lockspace name" >> /proc/cluster/dlm_locks
cat /proc/cluster/dlm_locks

The number in type 2 locks is the inode number.

Hey, Marc. Funny you should ask; I just added those to the FAQ on Monday. See:

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite