[Linux-cluster] Slow Start on Storage Access

Maybe I missed this in some of the other postings.

After I mount a GFS volume, there is always a delay when I first access the
volume. I'm guessing somewhere between 30 seconds to 45 perhaps. This happens
on first access and if the node has been idle for some time.

Is this because the node needs to do some calculations, get a fresh index or
details about the storage, then it's fine?

Mike