[Linux-cluster] ntpdate cman and random fence-ing

I have a straightforward question,

is it possible to screw-up cluster node(s) by issuing ntpdate while cluster is running?

I had random fencing of nodes (usually when load is low) and ... recently I discovered that nodes are syncronised to ntp server using crontab and ntpdate. I know that ntpdate is all but not "gentle" and should be used only on system startup for "rude", prior to ntpd start, syncronisation.

I could go trough heartbeat routines and try to figure it out but just if someone already knows and is willing to share it?

Thanks.

--
Ivan Pantovic, System Engineer
-----