[Linux-cluster] Has anyone succeeded in using WTI RPS-10?

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Mon Jan 22 04:10:38 UTC 2007

Hi all,
We are setting up 2-note cluster with RHEL4U3 with RHCS-1.0.25 using WTI
Remote Power Switch as fence device. We are aware that the device is rather
obsolete, but in the mean time that's all we have.

We have followed the manual at
http://library.n0i.net/linux-unix/redhat/rh-cm-en-1.0/ch-hwinfo.html, but it
seems that system-config-cluster doesn't support that type. We have asked the
WTI directly and they are suggesting us to use newer types, which is not
possible at this time.

What we would like to know:
1. Is WTI RPS-10 really supported for RH Cluster suite?
2. We read somewhere from Google that we can use direct serial connection from
both servers usin Null Modem cable as fence device. How?
3. We have tried the RHCS and it seems that the failover is working. We reboot
node1, and the ftp service in node2 is automatically activated. However, when
we simulate: service network stop in node1, the failover failed: cman:
sendmsg failed -101

Please, any clues are really appreciated.
Thank you very much.
http://linux2.arinet.org
11:03am up 2:53, 2.6.16.13-4-default GNU/Linux