Re: [Linux-cluster] RH Cluster/GFS: How many CPU's?

isplist logicore net wrote:
Anyone know how many CPU's on one server that RHEL40 can handle? I'm also guessing that RH Cluster/GFS, being components could care less about that in order to run, correct?

I ask because I've run the tools on up to quad servers but am looking at some IBM 8 way servers so thought I'd ask first.

Mike

hi Mike

RHEL Configuration limits
http://www.redhat.com/rhel/details/limits/

kernel-smp supports up to 16 CPUs according to this page, up to 32 according to http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/presentations/cos.htm
the presentation 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux Update'

kernel-smp supports up to 8 logical CPUs on x86_64
kernel-largesmp supports up to 64 logical CPUs on x86_64

GFS / Cluster Suite kernel modules are available for all of these, including kernel-largesmp).

greetings
Riaan
begin:vcard
fn:Riaan van Niekerk
n:van Niekerk;Riaan
org:Obsidian Systems;Obsidian Red Hat Consulting
email;internet:riaan obsidian co za
title:Systems Architect
tel;work:+27 11 792 6500
tel;fax:+27 11 792 6522