[Linux-cluster] Re: gfs problem on FC6

Thanks a lot Bob

gfs2 turned out to be the culprit. I had assumed that since I was installing gfs from source, I wouldn't need gfs2-utils rpm. As a result, /sbin/mount.gfs became a broken symlink to /sbin/mount.gfs2. Installing gfs2-utils solved the problem.

What I am surprised at is that theere was no indication of a missing executable in either the error messages or /var/log/messages. Also the lines

can't mount journal #4294967295
Jan 20 18:45:45 clnode31 kernel: GFS: fsid=alpha:third.4294967295: there are only 8 journals (0 - 7)

led me to believe that the filesystem had somehow got corrupted.

I have a few more questions that I am posting in a different message

Yours Sincerely
Ashish Varman