Re: [Linux-cluster] Cluster Project FAQ - GFS tuning section]

Wendell Dingus wrote:

This is a migration from the former to the latter, so quantity/size of
files/dirs is mostly identical. Files being transferred from customer
sites to the old servers never cause more than about 20% CPU load and
that usually (quickly) falls to 1% or less after the initial xfer
begins. The new servers run to 100% where they usually remain until the
transfer completes. The current thinking as far as reason is the same
thing being discussed here.

I was advised of this mailing list posting by a a RH tech from an open
ticket I have on this problem.

Could I have either your RH tech name (or ticket number) off-line so I could pass few tuning tips to see whether they help ?

-- Wendy