[Linux-cluster] Can't get past Segmentation Faults

Jonathan E Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 19:40:34 UTC 2007

I'm wondering if that didn't start this whole thing off...

If you want to test it, get all your volumes created, shutdown one
machine, disable it's FC ports and restart it.  Was clvmd barfing
because of this?  Could it see some, but not all of the devices.

Would the fix have been as simple as simply reenabling the ports to all
the machines?  I don't know...

I can't imagine your storage being trashed by the FC network.  Even if
the logical volume headers were destroyed, they can be brought back by
vgcfgrestore.  That would just leave the file systems.  They have
journaling.  So assuming some rouge process didn't mess with the disk,
they should be able to recover just fine as long as the storage (CLVM
volumes) are visible.

  brassow