Re: [Linux-cluster] Starting a cluster - Quorum Numbers

You must achieve quorum before the cluster services are enabled. That means 1/2 of your machines listed in cluster.conf +1 must come up.

After that, if you do a 'cman_tool leave remove' on the machines you don't need, you should be able to go down as low as you want. (I think there is a way to make the cman initscript do this automatically... I also think you can specify a node count or quorum number in cluster.conf to control when it's allowed to start the service - but this last one might be unlikely, given that it could lead to split-brain.)

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will expand on this.

 brassow