[Linux-cluster] kernel panic when i/o issued on GFS on killed node

Hello,
I am doing some tests with 2 node cluster, using manual fencing.
I've read the faq so i know that it is not production ready.
Anyway
When I issue eg. touch /gfs/foo on node1 which was killed
previously from node2 with cman_tool kill -n node1
I get a kernel panic on node1.
Is this behaviour desired ? Anyway the node should be fenced, so eg. kernel.panic = 3 in /etc/sysctl.conf
will actually do the job. but I just don't like seeing kernel panic :)
I am using update 4 rhel, rhcs and rhgfs packages.
Thanks in advance

Jan