[Linux-cluster] CLVM

Robert Gil Robert.Gil at americanhm.com
Mon Jul 9 12:29:20 UTC 2007

What error do you get?

Robert Gil
Linux Systems Administrator
American Home Mortgage

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Bernard Chew
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 3:57 AM
To: linux-cluster at redhat.com
Subject: [Linux-cluster] CLVM

Hi,

I have problems starting clvmd in a second node (after starting it
successfully on the first node) of a newly created 4-nodes cluster; no
problems staring the service first time on any nodes. Running "cman_tool
services" will show that the second node which started clvmd is in a
"join" status while the first node show a "update" status. This remains
even after a long period of time.

Given that the directories (i.e. /var /usr / ) are created using the
default lvm manager during installation, and I install the
lvm2-cluster-2.02.06-7.0.RHEL4.x86_64.rpm subsequently as part of the
requirements to set up GFS, will this cause the clvmd not to start
properly? I have no problems starting ccsd, cman and fenced.

Thanks in advance,
Bernard Chew
IT Operations Engineer