SV: [Linux-cluster] LVS cluster

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Thu Jul 12 09:14:51 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007 10:31:18 Kristoffer Lippert wrote:
> That sounds interesting.
>
> So you have a std. ha cluster running the keepalived as a failover cluster
> service, and the webservers running outside the cluster (on the same
> machines). Then the keepalived does the loadbalancing. Is that correctly
> understood?
I suppose so. Keepalived runs as part of the rgmanager and your applications
can ran on any node. The vip is a clusterip of rgmanager, going to be failed
over with keepalived. (There also need to be some other tweeks within the
kernel - iptables/.. keepalived without vrrp). And the application to be
loadbalanced runs on all the nodes.

> Will this take care of session persistence?
Yes I think that is done via ipvs.

> Kind regards
> Kristoffer
Regards Marc.