[Linux-cluster] RHEL5 compatibility with EMC AX150 SAN?

Maciej Bogucki maciej.bogucki at artegence.com
Sat Jul 14 20:06:03 UTC 2007

Brad Filipek napisał(a):
> I am trying to cluster two RHEL5 nodes to an EMC AX-150 SAN device. Both
> of my servers (Dell PowerEdge 1950’s) have a QLogic QLE2462 HBA. Does
> anyone have a RHEL5 cluster running with a similar fiber channel setup?
> I am looking for the proper drivers for these HBA’s, but Dell, EMC, and
> QLogic are telling me that this configuration is not yet supported so
> there are no drivers yet. I would also like to install SANSurfer if
> possible.

Hello,

Qlogix QLE2462 is supported by Linux [1], and here is Linux driver [2].
If standard RHEL5 doesn't have driver for FC card You could crate it on
another machine and add it(via floppy) at installation time.

[1] - http://www.cybernetech.co.jp/pdf/qle2462.pdf
[2] -
http://support.qlogic.com/support/oem_detail_hds.asp?oemid=84&classid=237

Best Regards