[Linux-cluster] Backups with GFS and RAM sizing

Danny Wall Danny.Wall at health-first.org
Fri Jul 20 17:32:40 UTC 2007

Thanks for the information. I am a little hesitant about mounting with
the no_lock option during backups, since the filesystem will be mounted
on multiple nodes. Currently, only one node writes to the filesystem at
a time, then the backups run on the other node, but I imagine there
could still be locking problems between the two.

The /proc/cluster/lock_dlm/drop_count was 50000. After echo the 0, it
stayed at 0 for a while, and has not gone up yet. I'm not sure what it
should be, but it did not make a difference on its own. I guess I will
have to research these.

I will add a remount at the end of backups to see if that helps any. We
might be updating later this year, so hopefully this would address #3 at
that time.

Thanks