Re: [Linux-cluster] Does GNBD need to be clustered with the other servers?

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 14:35 -0400, Tracey Flanders wrote:
I have a question about a lab I am setting up. From what I have read and
know about Red hat clustering I can't seem to find this answer. I have 3
servers. One will provide storage access via GNBD for the other 2 servers
using GFS. My question is do I add all three servers into a cluster config
or do I leave the GNBD server out? I understand that the GNBD server will
not be redundant. since it has the only server that has a phycical
connection to the storage.  Thanks.
Leave the gnbd server out of the cluster config.  Your cluster is really just the two nodes where gfs exists.  The gnbd server is your shared storage device so not really part of the cluster.

Kevin