[Linux-cluster] fs.sh?

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 13:41:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 03:14:38PM +0300, Janne Peltonen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 06:19:22PM -0400, Lon Hohberger wrote:
> >
> > http://people.redhat.com/lhh/rhel5-test
> >
> > You'll need at least the updated cman package.  The -2.1lhh build of
> > rgmanager is the one I just built today; the others are a bit older.
>
> Well, I installed the new versions of the cman and rgmanager packages I
> found there, but to no avail: I still get 1500 invocations of fs.sh per
> second.

I put a log message in fs.sh:

Jul 31 09:27:29 bart clurgmgrd: [4395]: <err> /usr/share/cluster/fs.sh
TEST

It comes up once every several (10-20) seconds like it's supposed to.
What does your cluster.conf look like right now?

Can you run:

rg_test rules

...and attach the output?  Maybe there's something locale-based that's
causing it to misbehave (but I can't imagine what).

The only way I can imagine this happening is:
(a) for some reason, the intervals for fs.sh checks are being set to 0
(rg_test should see this) *and*

(b) for some other reason, the status check queueing is occurring
constantly instead of every 10 seconds like it should

I can prevent (a) from happening by not letting it be less than 1; but
that doesn't explain why you're seeing what you are seeing.

I'll be updating packages again probably later today or tomorrow, but
I don't think any of the fixed bugs are related to the fs.sh problem
you're experiencing at this point.

-- Lon