Re: [Linux-cluster] LVS+HA

Thanks for the reply....

"LVS would be on your router system and would handle web server outages."

In the above statement is it applicable for all the other services like database (Oracle), FTP or any other services.

Satya

On 6/5/07, James McOrmond <jamesm xandros com> wrote:

Satya Daragani wrote:
> Hi
>
> Actually i am using the shared storage but not SAN, IBM DS400 connected
> to both the nodes using fiber.

Uhmm, I think i'd consider that a SAN...

> So in that case hw can i use the cluster suite?

I would only setup the cluster suite to manage a shared GFS file system.
Alternatively you could use OCFS2 since you're only doing disk storage.

LVS would be on your router system and would handle web server outages..

--
James A. McOrmond ( jamesm xandros com)
Hardware QA Lead & Network Administrator