[Linux-cluster] 4U5 CSS/CMAN/fence quorum confusion

Robert Clark cluster at defuturo.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 15:20:13 UTC 2007

  Whoops - my reply didn't make it onto the list because I sent it from
the wrong address. Let me try again:

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 13:04 +0100, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> Robert Clark wrote:

> > I've upgraded a test cluster to RHEL4U5, but I'm having some problems on
> > boot. ccsd and cman seem to be having a small disagreement over whether
> > the cluster is quorate meaning fenced fails to start up.

> >   Does anyone know what might cause ccsd to continue to refuse
> > connections for a lack of quorum after cman has decided the cluster is
> > quorate?

> The usual cause of this is the magma plugins either not being installed in the
> right place or even at all. "magma_tool list" will show you which plugins are
> installed, for CMAN you need the magma_sm.so plugin.

  Thanks for the quick reply. I put "magma_tool list" into the script
just before and after trying to start fenced. The output both times is:

Magma: Checking plugins in /lib/magma

File            Status  Message
magma_gulm.so   [OK]    GuLM Plugin v1.0.5
magma_sm.so     [OK]    CMAN/SM Plugin v1.1.7.4

Magma: 2 plugins available

  When I added "magma_tool quorum" as well, it reported "Connect
failure: No cluster running?".

        Robert