Re: [Linux-cluster] Relocate of service if restart fails

Hi all,
Does anyone have idea of this matter. I know that maximum false restart parameters no longer exists at RHCS 4 as cluemanager is not there.
In the document it says;
Restart — Restart the service in the node the service is currently located. The default setting is Restart. If the service cannot be restarted in the the current node, the service is relocated.
Does it mean restart has to be validated in the start script ant throw non zero value when fails?
Really appreciate if someone can help me in this matter.

thanks and regards

chirantha

Hi all,

In RHCS 4, if service recovery policy is set to restart, in which circumstances relocate will happen? In my setup I can see it only happens when a node fails.

thanks and regards

chirantha