[Linux-cluster] A single server backing up three servers

brad at bradandkim.net brad at bradandkim.net
Mon Jun 11 18:21:26 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have just begun playing around with redhat cluster and I have a question
that I am not finding a straight answer to.   I would like to have one
server be a backup to 3 primary servers.   In other words I guess I would
have 3 services (db1, db2, and db3) and then a 4th server (db4) that is
available to take over for any of the 3 primary servers.   Obviously if 2
primary servers fail I am in trouble, but the odds of that are extremely
slim.  Is this possible?  Are there caveats?

TIA,

Brad Crotchett
brad at bradandkim.net
http://www.bradandkim.net