[Linux-cluster] Trouble finding openais include dir in RHEL5 compile

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 13:53:51 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 03:56:58PM -0400, Christopher Barry wrote:
> Thanks Steve. That gets me to the dlm dir, which fails with the errors
> below. This is cvs RHEL5 against the stock RHEL5 kernel 2.6.18-8.el5
>
> Any thoughts on this? I googled this failure, but nothing relevant comes
> up.

The RHEL50 cvs branch is used for the current RHEL 5.0 release, which it
sounds like you have.

The RHEL5 cvs branch is in development, to be used for the RHEL 5.1
release.  The RHEL 5.1 kernel includes the new dlm user/kernel interface
which is in the upstream kernel.  If you want to use the RHEL5 cvs branch,
you'd need the kernel for RHEL 5.1 (which is still in development and not
accessible AFAIK.)

The cvs HEAD should be used with upstream 2.6.22-rc kernels.  Doing this
requires that you also copy the new dlm kernel headers into the system
include directory:
cp /usr/src/linux-2.6.22-rcX/include/linux/dlm*  /usr/include/linux/
and then remove the __user tags from some them (or do as Patrick suggested).

Sorry for the confusion.

Dave