[Linux-cluster] clusvcadm hangs starting service

Robert Gil Robert.Gil at americanhm.com
Sun Jun 17 05:34:24 UTC 2007

I have a service for an ip which does a mysql check as a dependancy for
failover. For some reason clusvcadm hangs when trying to either enable,
disable, or restart that service. I get no errors in the error log and
it just hangs. This is luckily in our test environment, but this will
not be good in production. We use this floating ip for a couple of mysql
servers doing replication so we always want to have the ip pointing to
the master (rw) server.

Has anyone seen the services hanging? How can this be resolved? Should
rgmanager be restarted? wont this fence the server?

Thanks,

Robert Gil
Linux Systems Administrator
American Home Mortgage