Re: [Linux-cluster] avoiding 2 Node Fencing shootout

Chris Harms wrote:
Hi all,

Setup:

Cluster Suite 5
2 Nodes each fenced by DRAC card over network interface. Flagged as two node in cluster.conf

<cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>

As a test, I unplugged one node (Node A) from the network. The remaining node (Node B) attempted to fence it, but failed (no network access) and never assumed the services. Plugging in Node A a gain induced each to fence the other. Something similar happens when a node is rebooted manually (shutdown -r now).

How does one best combat this? I've seen reference to adding a ping node but no actual documentation on how to do it.

Thanks,
Chris