[Linux-cluster] problem starting clvmd on second node.

Dan Deshayes dan.deshayes at algitech.com
Wed Jun 20 08:18:22 UTC 2007

Hello,
I'm having problem starting the clvmd on the second node.
I'm running Centos 5 resently updated. Its going to be a 3node HA cluster.
What I've done is the following.

creating the filesystems on the fiberdiscs thats devided with lvm.
mkfs.gfs -p lock_dlm -t acl002:project_logs -j 3 /dev/projectVG/logs
mkfs.gfs -p lock_dlm -t acl002:project_web -j 3 /dev/projectVG/web
mkfs.gfs -p lock_dlm -t acl002:project_db -j 3 /dev/projectVG/db

Then I start the cluster namned acl002 on all nodes and clvmd on the
first node,
it starts and i can mount/unmount and write to the volumes, but i get a
clvmd -T20 process
When I go to the second node and starts clvmd it hangs in the vgscan.

I'm using locking_type = 3 in the lvm.conf file, before I used 2 with
the liblvm2clusterlock.so libary
but it doesn't seems to be availible anymore and this does not seem to
be related to my problem(?).

It works if I start the clvmd on the second node first but then the
first node gives the same error.

Maybe someone can give me a hint in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.
Dan