[Linux-cluster] a couple of questions regarding clusters

I have a 3 node cluster running redhat 4 with gfs.  What is the proper way to have a node leave the cluster for maintenance and then rejoin after maintenance is completed?  From the docs, I have read that I need to unmount gfs and then stop all the services in the following order: rgmanager, gfs, clvmd, fenced.  I can then issue a cman_tool leave (remove) request.

I have also noticed that if I lose ip connectivity to a certain node I lose gfs connectivity with the other two nodes.  I thought that I would only need 2 votes to continue connectivity.

Thanks for the help!