[Linux-cluster] a couple of questions regarding clusters

Brent Sachnoff bsachnoff at incisent.com
Sat Jun 23 22:23:56 UTC 2007

I have a 3 node cluster running redhat 4 with gfs.  What is the proper
way to have a node leave the cluster for maintenance and then rejoin
after maintenance is completed?  From the docs, I have read that I need
to unmount gfs and then stop all the services in the following order:
rgmanager, gfs, clvmd, fenced.  I can then issue a cman_tool leave
(remove) request.

I have also noticed that if I lose ip connectivity to a certain node I
lose gfs connectivity with the other two nodes.  I thought that I would
only need 2 votes to continue connectivity.

Thanks for the help!