[Linux-cluster] make errors for 2.6.19 on fc6

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 14:25:59 UTC 2007

nirmal tom wrote:
> hi,
> Thanks man.
> The reason for not switching to vanilla(2.6.20 and i have it installed)
> is , i am running iscsi-target for 2.6.19.I got similar make errors for
> gfs and gfs2 programs.but i left them by marking the lines in make file
> as commands, as i installed gfs2-utils rpm from update yum repository
> and i am gonna to only use gfs2.The installation is successful.
> but when i do,
> [root at server ~]# dlm_controld
> [root at server ~]#  modprobe lock_dlm
> WARNING: Error inserting debugfs
> (/lib/modules/2.6.19-1.2911.fc6/kernel/fs/debugfs/debugfs.ko): Invalid
> module format
> [root at server ~]# modprobe dlm
> WARNING: Error inserting debugfs
> (/lib/modules/2.6.19-1.2911.fc6/kernel/fs/debugfs/debugfs.ko): Invalid
> module format
>
> Also,
> [root at server ~]# ccsd
> [root at server ~]# service cman start
> Starting cluster:
>   Mounting configfs... done
>   Starting ccsd... done
>   Starting cman... failed
> /usr/sbin/cman_tool: ccsd is not running
>                                                           [FAILED]
> [root at server ~]# ccsd
> Failed to create lockfile.
> Hint: ccsd is already running.
>

> where i am missing?
>
> out of curiosity:you referenced me a web based diff tool at redhat
> site.how can i find the version of a source file with respec to kernel
> .For example: glock.c contains no version information inside it!
>

> Thanks and regards,
> Nirmal Tom.V

Hi Nirmal,

It sounds like your kernel does not have the debugfs kernel
option compiled in.  To compile it in:

cd /your/kernel/source/location
make menuconfig
scroll down to "Kernel hacking" hit enter, then
scroll down to "Debug filesystem" hit space until it becomes a "*",
then right-arrow to exit, save, changes, make, make install, reboot, etc.

The kernel module probably doesn't contain version information from cvs.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite