Re: [Linux-cluster] RHEL4 cluster NFS

Matthew Geier wrote:
 I'm beating my head against the wall trying to figure out how to do
this properly.

 I have a active/passive file server running Samba (and NetAtalk) all
running fine. I'm using ext3 file systems on an EMC san and have all the
failover stuff mostly sorted.
 Only I need to export one of the filesystems with NFS as well.

 Not finding an obvious way to do an NFS export in system-config-cluster
(no where to enter the file system I want to share), I put the export in
/etc/exports.
 Only now the 'file service' will not shutdown cleanly as it can't stop
NFS on the exported volume thus can't unmount it...

 I put in a support call with Redhat (my cluster file service will not
shutdown cleanly) and after a little to-and-fro they have said I have
NFS incorrectly configured.

 But after much searching the web, i'm even more confused. Many articles
on Redhat's site (and others) are for RHEL 3 and not RHEL4. Things they
say to do I can't, or the config file format has changed, etc.

 Any one have a concise example on how to NFS export an ext3 filesystem
on RHEL U4 cluster suite. ?

 Thanks.
Hi Matthew,

Have you looked at my NFS/GFS cookbook?  It's not too different for EXT3,
and it has concrete examples.
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/nfscookbook.pdf

Regards,

Bob Peterson