[Linux-cluster] FAQ correction ?!

Hugues Lafarge Hugues.Lafarge at afp.com
Tue Mar 13 09:49:23 UTC 2007

I'm not sure i correctly understand http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#cman_2to3
so i'm kindly asking you if there is not a typo in the following sentence:

8. How do I add a third node to my two-node cluster?

 Unfortunately, two-node clusters are a special case. Because a
 two-node cluster only needs two nodes to establish quorum, the only
 way to add a third node is to shut down the cluster, add the third
 node into your /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file and get rid of
 two_node="1", then restart all three nodes.

I would have expected that to be:

 Unfortunately, two-node clusters are a special case. Because a
 two-node cluster only needs ONE NODE to establish quorum, ...

Am i right there, or misunderstanding something ?

Hugues Lafarge                    || Email: Hugues.Lafarge at afp.com
Agence France Presse              || Phone: +33 1 40 41 77 15
4 rue de la bourse, 75002 Paris   ||   Fax: +33 1 40 41 79 24

This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and  intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please  contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are  not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy  this email.

For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com